7.28.2010

Travis's Birthday

Hello all!!

Let it be known that Travis has finally turned..... (drumroll please) 19!!!! Wow such a great age. July 26 SHOULD be a National Holiday to celebrate but I guess I can make it that way when I become president. So this week's blog is going to be about the interesting things that occurred on my birthday. The main focus: Birthday dinner with mom, dad, and grandmother.

Timing: 6 p.m. on Monday night
Place: Koto, a delicious sushi place located at Campbell Road and Central Expressway in Richardson
Waitress: one crazy lady

So here's how it all went down:
We sat down, received our drinks and began to look over the menu. Our waitress came by to tell us about some of the specials the chef was making that night. The first one was called the "pocket". I don't really know what was in it but we ordered it. The second special was a roll called "The Lion King". No idea what was in it but we got it too.

Our first plate came out and this was the "pocket", as our waitress brought it out to our table she proceeded to say "HOT POCKET" but in the pitch and longevity that they say it in the commercials for "Hot Pockets" on TV. This was sort of funny but sort of weird at the same time.

Now here comes the funniest part: When our waitress (I named her crazy lady) brought "The Lion King" out she proceeded to sing the beginning of the song we all know, "AWWWW SE BENNYAH BABA KEETSY BABA"
This is my reaction in my head "UMM WHAT?!?!?! YOU ARE SO CRAZY!" Now of course at this time when my mother catches on to what is happening, JOINS IN!!!! I was so embarrassed i just slumped down, shook my head, and held my hands over my face.

This was possibly the most entertaining dinner I've ever had with my parents and grandmother. I loved it.

Here's just a little something I know everyone loves to watch and hear: